Thursday, May 7, 2009

If You Experienced Great Service, Ring The Bell.

The sales rep gave me a phone number to call to get my order status.
I dialed the 1-866 number.
Recorded Voice: Thank you for calling ________, for order status press 1.
I press "1."
R.CV: For order status, press 1.
I dutifully press 1
R.V.: That option is not valid. Good bye. (click)
I repeat cycle with same results
I Repeat again. - same results.
I try again, but do not press anything and wait for other options.
R.V.: We did not understand your response - good bye. (click)
I determine the site is temporarily down and go to bed. ( The store was closed at this time, so it was pointless to call the sales guy.)
Morning comes and I try again
Same results.
I repeat with a corded phone and get the same results
I try one more time
R.V.: For order status, press 1.
I press 2(!) - I was feeling rebellious
R.V.: For order status, press 1
I obey, thinking I can press 2 a second time next time. Hell, I'm ready to work my way through the numbers. I might even try calculating delta T, S, or even U if necessary - I've still got my old P. Chem books.
R.V.: Please hold while we access your information -- your delivery will arrive today between _____ and ____. Thank you for using _____.
I was so surprised, I nearly did a number 2. Which makes sense seeing as number 1 was only pissing me off.

No comments: