Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ranting and Celebrating

I have finished another journey around the Sun today and celebrated by taking a furlough day. So far I spent it by bringing our daughter to the bus stop, then driving all the way to her school to deliver her eyeglasses which she forgot, taking a mini nap, spending about 3 hours at Snowbowl. I also bought ice cream for tonight's desert and some crickets for the bearded dragon. President Obama celebrated my birthday by signing into law a piece of legislation that will increase the financial and medical security for all. Yes, for all! I reflected on how lucky I am to have employer provided health insurance, and how cool 50.34% of the house of representatives have the nerve to think nearly EVERYONE should be allowed to purchase health insurance from A PRIVATE HEATH INSURANCE COMPANY WITH THEIR OWN MONEY. I repeat: WITH THEIR OWN MONEY. Imagine the audacity to think people should not be denied insurance for no reason other than imperfect genes. It seems the remaining 49.66% of the House has a problem with people buying health insurance and want to take it away. Maybe they should start with eliminating their health insurance benefit first.

No comments: