Monday, April 21, 2008

The Politics of Sports

So it seems that many are confused as to why Obama and Clinton continue to sling mud at eachother. I believe it is because they are Democrats and that is what Democrats do. My 8th grade government teacher once told the class that after seeing how the Democrats worked and how the Republicans worked that he prefered the Democrats because they liked to argue. He went on to suggest that Republicans strive for a consensus, no matter what the consensus. He made some "enemies" that day, but his analysis has stayed with me for over 30 years. The Democrats love a fight for the sake of a fight - they will even pick one with eachother. It isn't as if the object of the game is to fight, but when the opportunity presents itself a fight will break out. In short, Democrats play hockey and Republicans do the seventh inning stretch thing. If you are wondering where I stand - I played hockey when I was a kid. I still believe it is the greatest sport ever. However, I frequently vote for baseball fans.

No comments: