Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Third Time Is A Time

I decided to be a slob and make this a four-day weekend. I must confess I was only semi-wise with the time. I washed the kitchen floor, dusted the plant shelves, or at least tried to. This is a project that is done so rarely that it is nearly pointless. Since it is nearly pointless it is done rarely, which makes it nearly pointless. I also made 3 batches of croissant dough. Roll roll roll chill chill chill roll roll roll etc etc etc. I have 1-1/2 batches ready to do whatever with and 1-1/2 batches scored and ready to form into croissants all freezing in preparation for turkey day. Yes I know I can just buy the things, or even do the canned stuff, but the pain in the ass is well worth it when the diners bite into one and utter "These aren't Pilsbury, are they?" Besides, rolling chilled dough borders on a workout. Unfortunately, flour gets everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At least I was ambitious enough to make extra dough so, as I mentioned earlier, I can make other croissant dough based goodies on shorter notice. The pain in the ass factor for making 3 batches is only 50% greater than a single batch. I also support the dairy industry by using lots and lots and lots and lots of butter. Seriously, each batch uses 4-1/2 sticks of butter. I cut mine down to 4-1/4 - as if it makes a difference at that point. Even when they don't turn out well, they surpass anything available in this mountain town. So try it sometime, and make your own.

1 comment:

Me said...

Those croissants are Mmmmm...Mmmmm gooooooood