Monday, June 1, 2009

Exercise Is Good For Us

Again, I found myself riding my bicycle 10 miles to work for no reason other than I can. Although there is little NET elevation gain, there is a three mile climb up a moderate hill followed by about 2 miles of near level, but downhill. The trip ends with a very gradual uphill for the last mile. I usually question my wisdom once I am halfway through the moderate uphill portion, but realize once things level off that the climb was not that bad. The good news about this is I arrive at work energized and ready for work. I get the aggression out in a productive manner so when the day starts turning to crap, I remain calm. Today was a good day for this. I realized that the file for the inventory did not load correctly. When I went to reload it, I realized that the battery is old, does not hold a charge, and the file is no longer stored in the memory of the Telxon. So I ordered a new battery and plan to rescan everything in a week or so. The day got worse from there. By 15:00 I was snickering over the state of things in my world at work. Even better is that anything that revealed itself after 10:00 is not my fault, and well beyond my control. I am now preparing myself for the fallout for those things I do not control. Could be fun. Probably won't.

No comments: