Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Riskytruk Gets Religopolitical

Yesterday, the supreme court decided not to review the En Banc decision of the ninth circuit court of appeals regarding Arizona Snowbowl using treated waste water for snow making. Although I am sympathetic to the views of the environmentalists and Native Peoples, I am not disappointed in the decision. Nor do I applaud it. I believe that the treatment process removes all the poopies and pissies from the effluent and the argument that using treated waste water is akin to using sewage for baptisms is pure manure. I also believe that the treatment process in question does not remove all the chemical residue from medications, drugs and cleaning products, thus I am reluctant to imbibe the fluid. The opposition should focus on this argument, not the poop/piss issue. Furthermore, although I do ski, it is not simply recreation. I feel commanded by Ullr to ski - whenever and wherever. It is a spiritual experience for me, and given the fact that my ancestors worshipped Ullr, it is a religious issue. In short if allowed to move forward, Ullr will teach the Kastinas skiing while the Kastinas will teach Ullr some spiritual dance steps. So in short - Glory to Ullr! Now I just need to wait for the decision on the Coyotes/Hamilton issue. Since this is a winter sport issue, perhaps Ullr needs to get involved again.

No comments: