Friday, May 9, 2008

Quantum Thai Lunch

It has been almost 4 hours since lunch and my belly is still happy. This is not to be confused with full, it is simply happy. You need to understand that I had Thai food for lunch, and the restaurant used bona-fide Thai Chilis in the dishes. Too often the Thai restaurants in Flagstaff use seranos, jalapenos, or similar which work, but fall short of the flavor needed for real Thai cuisine. I love good Thai food. The aroma of the herbs, spices, and fish sauce take me back to the crowded, vibrant, lively outdoor markets in MahaSarakham. There is an earthiness to the food that fills my soul with the vision of the sunset over a rice paddy. Throw in a wat and village with houses on stilts for good measure and my whole body slows down to contemplate serene nothingness. What shape is nothingness? Is it the same as a one dimentional box? What about the particle and it's vibrational energy? I bet Schrodinger was actually a Buddhist.

No comments: