Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do Not Let The Cheese Separate.

Our daughter wanted to help with dinner tonight. I mean insisted on helping; in particular she wanted to make the cheese sauce for the fettuccine. She said if I told her how she would make it. I told her what to do and she did it. She even made me leave the room (Mommy stayed to keep her out of danger.) I must have had her use too much flour (Wondra) because it turned out too thick. Her immediate response was "Oh, we'll just add a little more milk." A splash or two of moo juice and it was perfect. Smooth, velvety, and yummy. I was jealous. The first time I tried to make a cheese sauce it was yummy, but grainy and anything but smooth and velvety. She even added a little pepper and Tabasco sauce for flavor. Maybe the next lesson should be shrimp scampi?

1 comment:

Me said...

I agree with that one. Great job Kim!