Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lava and Algae, and Kids, Oh My.

Kim had a field trip to the lava tube as part of her summer Mountain Jacks Kids Camp/Dolphin Day Camp program and returned tired and hungry. Because all our protein sources for dinner were still in the freezer we decided to dine on fat and salt laden evil fast food. As Kim was taking a spoonfull of ice cream from her frosty float, she asked if we could go out for ice cream after dinner. I fully understood the logic of this, but wanted to make sure she did, and pointed out that the float had ice cream in it. In all the surliness a nine-year-old can muster she said "I know, but I want a dipped cone." Anyway, she got what she wanted, but only because I wanted a dip cone. I tell myself that because it was soft-serve it has some sort of algae/sea flora derivitive in it and must be healthy in a warped macrobiotic way. Either that or my gut is now lined with media suitable for growing bacterial culture.

No comments: