Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pobre Citos

I can always tell when my diet has gone to hell and I haven't been to the gym by how little it takes to set me off. Such was the case this morning when I was at a use-tax training/information session for the business managers at the university. Everyone in the room could have easily fit in the first 4 rows, but most people were sitting 8-10 rows back. These are not high school students. These are 30, 40 and even 50 something degree holding professional university employees who should know how to set an example for others. As it would happen, one of the speakers had a soft voice and could not reach the microphone, which didn't work well anyway. The people in the back kept yelling that they could not hear her. As their frustration grew they began yelling microphone using directions to her, but nothing could be done to have her reach, let alone use the malfunctioning equipment. It took a whole flotilla of Viking warriors to keep me from telling them to move their bony/fat asses to the front. I did exclaim that they should sit in the front without mentioning anything about their bodily proportions. Fortunately nobody heard me, because my reputation in this crowd is already well circulated. This is pathetic that a group of educated adults sits far from the front then complains that they are deprived of the information presented. Pin heads. Twits. State employees. Vacuum headed, vestigal brained bimbos. The good news is I was able to make it to the gym and work off some of my aggrevation.

1 comment:

Me said...

18 to 20-something year olds don't act much better. **sigh**