Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wimbledon on Tour in Flagstaff.

The world as we know it is near an end, at least to a nine-year-old's black and white logic. It seems she gave a "whatever" as a response to one of her mother's request-commands despite a warning that if it ever happened again she would be grounded until school starts. The conversation in our house is a tennis volley of a tearful "But you said..." followed by the return "But you might get another chance, and I can change my mind." followed by a "But you said..." I just sit here blogging, and it is probably a good thing, because I would interject a logical, factual and helpful "But, you said..." And if I did, I would be an instant eunich, so I will continue to blog until the world gets another day, and before I find a more appropriate way of saying "But you said..." In fact, Kim has realized that although she has some consequences, she is not grounded for the next seven weeks. Patty is reading a bedtime story to her and she is quietly lisening. The world is already much better, and I get to keep my globes. Life is good again.

No comments: